Social Icons

IMETOSHA

IMETOSHA

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Muamba thanks fans on return

Fabrice Muamba waved to supporters as he returned to the Reebok Stadium for the first time since his cardiac arrest.
Fabrice Muamba
GettyImagesFabrice Muamba receives an emotional reception from the Reebok Stadium before Bolton take on Tottenham
Muamba, 24, entered the field to a standing ovation as he was introduced ahead of Wanderers' Premier League game against Tottenham.
The Bolton midfielder has made a remarkable recovery since collapsing during the FA Cup tie between the same two teams at White Hart Lane on March 17.
Muamba added on Sky Sports: ''This is a special place, the support has been overwhelming and I am just grateful for that. I am okay, I am getting stronger every day. I am happy to be back I am just happy to be able to speak to people again and walk freely.
''I am very happy and very excited for today's game and I am happy that I came today.''
Asked about the support he has received since his cardiac arrest, Muamba added: ''It helps me every single day. I still have six or seven boxes of cards to go through and I am grateful for that. It stays in my mind every single day.
''Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank your for your support, the whole country has been overwhelming and I am grateful I can walk again and do things normally again.''

No comments:

Post a Comment